Since Valentine’s Day is this week I figured what could be more romantic than a Keto Beef Heart Meatloaf. Just for fun I even baked it in a heart shaped silicone mold. I know, I’m a hopeless romantic.
Why Beef Heart Meatloaf??
If you’re looking to eat more adventurous cuts of meat I think beef heart is a great place to start. It’s rich in iron and other minerals but doesn’t have the strong taste that liver has. Beef heart is very lean so I do recommend combining it with fattier cuts of meat like chuck or brisket. I’m very lucky to have a great local butcher shop (shoutout to Bullocks) that will grind up any mixture I ask for. You can always grind your own at home or if you can’t find beef heart I would recommend just using 85% lean ground beef.
Heart Shaped Meatloaf???
Let’s be clear, you don’t have to bake this recipe in a Heart Shaped Silicone Mold but it’s Valentine’s Day later this week and I thought it was playful since I’m using beef Heart. If you do want to make it in the heart shaped mold I will warn you that it may shrink up and require some shaping to get that heart shaped look.
After the meatloaf has fully cooked, carfully drain off the exsess fat and let it cool to room temperature. Remove the meatloaf from the mold and trim the sides to shape the meatloaf into a heart shape. Then you can brush with your favorite low carb Bbq sauce. My favorite hands down is Alternasweets BBQ Sauce.
Additional Unique Ingredients
Beyond using beef heart in this meatloaf recipe I also used some other unique ingredients like ricotta cheese and Pork King Good Crumbs. These two ingredients help to add moisture as well as maintain the shape of the meatloaf. Other ingredients like jalapeño, horseradish, cheddar and bacon all work together to make this one of the best keto meatloaf recipes you’ll ever try.
Need Some Extra Valentines Inspiration?
- Beef Heart Satay
- Ratatouille Caprese
- Chaffle La Burrata
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Steak Madagascar Sauce
- Keto Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except reserve half of the BBQ sauce to brush on top of the meatloaf. Mix ingredients until fully combined but dont overmix
- Place mixture into the greased Silicone Mold making sure the meatloaf is evenly distributed throughout the mold.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 155 Degrees F.
- Remove from oven and carfully drain off any excess fat. then let cool to room temperature. Remove the meatloaf from mold and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush remaining BBQ sauce on the top and sides of the meatloaf. Bake for 5-10 minutes. Garnish with extra sliced jalapenos
This page contains affiliate links