Subscribe to our newsletter!
Creamy Parmesan & Prosciutto Mushrooms are a perfect side dish for any meal. Salty prosciutto and nutty Parmesan make this a recipe that will have your mouth watering. You can also serve this as a sauce on top of steak, chicken or pork to take your dinner to another level.
Let’s get funky with fungus!!
Mushrooms seem to have a love hate relationship with most people. You either love mushrooms and incorporate them into multiple recipes or you think they are poison dirt plants that grow out of the mud. I find that mushrooms add a meaty earthiness to loads of different dishes. I add them whenever I want to bulk up a recipe without adding a bunch of calories.
There are so many different varieties in all different price ranges depending on availability. Mushrooms like morels and chanterelles are very hard to find and can be extremely expensive. Varieties like shiitake, trumpet and enoki are still a little pricey but much more reasonable. Portobello, Cremini and button mushrooms are probably the most commonly found and least expensive. This recipe can be made with any variety of these mushrooms but I chose cremini because they were on sale and looked good at the market.
Prosciutto vs Bacon.
I chose prosciutto for this recipe because it’s lighter and has a lot less calories. If you prefer you can substitute with bacon, ham or pancetta. Prosciutto is quick and easy to crisp up in the oven. I simply lay sheets of prosciutto out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7-10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Prosciutto adds quite a salty kick because it’s cured for over a year which really intensifies the flavor.
Arugula vs Spinach
Arugula has a great flavor profile with a subtle peppery finish that fits well in this recipe. I use it over other greens because it doesn’t leach out near as much water as spinach or kale. If you prefer to use spinach, kale or even broccoli rabe saute them separately and strain before adding to the cream sauce. Arugula can be added at the last minute along with fresh herbs because it wilts almost immediately.
More Tasty Keto Side Dishes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Keto Kale Rockefeller
- Low Carb Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
- Keto Kimchi Coleslaw
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay out slices of prosciutto on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7-10 minutes until crispy, then set aside to cool
- Remove stems then cut the larger mushrooms into quarters, smaller ones can stay whole or cut in half. Toss with avocado oil then saute in a large cast iron skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes until tender then drain off exsess liquid and remove the mushrooms from the pan while you prepare the sauce.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan and then deglaze the pan with the dry sherry reduce by half. Next add the softened cream cheese and heavy cream. stir until cream cheese has combined with heavy cream.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, parsley, arugula and chili flakes. Ad the mushrooms and half of the prosciutto back to the skillet, stir until all ingredients are coated in sauce. Garnish with remaining prosciutto and parsley
this Creamy Parmesan & Prosciutto Mushrooms recipe contains affiliate links.I receive income from qualifying purchases