Jump to Recipe
Pastrami Roll ups are a fantastic anytime snack that can be ready in minutes. Perfect for dipping in spicy deli mustard or Russian dressing it’s all the best parts of a Rueben without the bread. Low carb doesn’t need to be boring when you have keto friendly recipes like this ready to go.
Pastrami vs Corned Beef
For me this is like Mike Tyson vs Napoleon Dynamite. Pastrami win this fight 10 out of 10. Both are tasty but the pepper crusted pastrami and the subtle smoky flavor just gives pastrami the edge. Obviously if you prefer corned beef you can substitute it for this recipe. I’ve even used ham when I was out of pastrami once.
When purchased your pastrami make sure they don’t slice it so thin that it shreds up. You won’t be able to make the Roll ups and you’ll have to chop it up and make my Reuben Egg Roll Bowl recipe. That’s not a bad backup plan but that’s another recipe for another day.
Pickles vs Kraut
I’m the kinda guy who like variety in life and food. That’s why I made two different versions of these pastrami Roll ups so you can try different flavor combinations. You can dip the pickle wrapped roll ups in the deli mustard then turn around and try the Russian dressing. I took a poll of my guest as to which combination everyone liked best and it was a divided room. Some of my guest prefer sauerkraut and some liked the pickles. Everyone loved both sauces so everybody gets their favorite bite. It’s a great Gameday appetizer but it’s also good for meal prep. If you need a tasty low carb Russian Dressing recipe checkout my Rueben Egg Roll Bowl
Air Fryer Appetizers: Pastrami Roll Ups
If you don’t feel like firing up the oven an air fryer is a great appliance to have in your kitchen. Lately I’ve been using my Air Fryer Oven for Wings as well as these Pastrami Roll Ups when I want some keto friendly appetizers. The air fryer oven is easy to clean and you get a little extra surface area.
Looking For More Air Fried Appetizer Inspiration??
- Keto Cajun BBQ Sausage Bites
- Crispy Chicken Pizza Tenders w/ Calabrian Chile Aioli
- Low Carb General Tso Chicken
- Keto Vietnamese Sticky Wings
- Air Fryer
- 1/2 lb Pastrami Deli Sliced
- 4 Dill Pickle spears
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 cup Sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/4 cup Russian Dressing
- Take two slices of pastrami and lay them out on a cutting board overlapping, lay a slice of swiss on top of the pastrami and then a pickle spear or sauerkraut. roll up firmly and set on rack or Air Fryer basket.
- Cook for 10-12 Minutes at 370 degrees until hot. slice in half and serve with spicy brown mustard and Russian Dressing.
This Page Contains Affiliate Links