Spring is in full swing and I wanted to take some leftover Easter ham and turn into a delicious easy to prepare quiche filled will cheddar cheese, wild ramps and vine ripe tomatoes. The crust is made with butter and coconut flour to make this a fantastic Keto friendly recipe.
Spring Has Sprung, Brunch Anyone??
Even though I’m using leftover Easter ham you can obviously use any ham you like. Bacon or any salty pork product you chose will work as well. Though wild ramps are also a tough ingredient to procure, scallions or leeks are a great easy to find substitutes.
This is perfect for a Sunday brunch or low carb meal prep. I love the fact that you can portion the quiche into slices and pair it with a fresh green salad as a perfect on the go lunch. I also love topping this quiche with a dollop of my Charred Ramp Aioli to really take the fresh flavors to another level. The fresh vine ripened tomatoes are a subtle acidic balance to the rich custard like texture of the quiche. The tomatoes also act as a beautiful garnish. If you’re looking to reduce the carbs can omit the tomatoes as they do have some natural sugars.
A Savory Crust for me is a Must!
The crust is easy to make in a food processor. I personally have a Ninja but any food processor will work fine. The only other item you’ll need for this recipe is a 12” inch non stick tart pan. Simply add all the ingredients of the dough into a food processor and pulse it a few times until it comes together. Then just press out the dough into the tart pan and poke a bunch of holes in the crust. This will prevent the crust from puffing up when you blind bake the crust.
Finally fill your crust with the chopped ham and cheddar along with your egg mixture and bake it just long enough to set up. Then chill completely before removing the quiche from its pan and slice. There’s nothing wrong with a crustless quiche but if I have a choice in the matter I’m definitely making a crust in this recipe. You’ll love the salty, savory and slightly sweet flavors that all come together in a brunchtastic Keto quiche.
- 1 cup Chopped Ham
- 2/3 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Vine ripe tomato
- 3 whole ramps cleaned and diced
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- PIE CRUST
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter Cold Cubed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt
- Pre Heat Oven to 375 Degrees F. Chop up ham, ramps and shredded cheddar cheese then combine in a mixing bowl and set aside
- to make crust add eggs, cold butter, olive oil and coconut flour to a food processor and pulse until a dough forms then remove mixer from the food processor and gently knead Ito a ball.
- Grease you 12″ tart pan before pressing to the dough ball out covering the bottom of the pans as well last the sides of the tart pan. Poke a series of wholes all throughout the crust to prevent the crust from rising as it cooks.
- Bake crust for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and set aside.
- Whisk Eggs with heavy cream, salt and seasonings. fill quiche crust with your ham and cheese mixture before pouring over your egg mixture evenly over the crust, garnish with thinly sliced half moon slices of tomato
- Bake quiche at 375 Degrees F. for 20-25 Minutes until egg mixture sets, Cool completely before removing tart pan and slicing
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”