Keto Brocoli Slaw Recipe
If you love big flavor then this Keto Giardinara & Feta Broccoli Slaw is a must try recipe whether you’re keto or not.
Creamy tangy Dressing loaded with olives, Giardinara and crumbled feta tossed together with crunchy broccoli slaw.
This is about as simple as a recipe can get. Toss everything in a bowl, stir it together and pop it in the fridge until its time to serve.
What is Broccoli Slaw?
Broccoli slaw is made from the stalks of broccoli, Julienned carrots and a but of shredded cabbage, normally red cabbage for color.
Broccoli slaw can be found at most grocery stores in the bagged salad area of the produce section.
What is Giardiniera?
Giardiniera is a pickled vegetable condiment served with antipasti and over salads. Its also used on the popular Italian beef sandwich that Chicago is known for.
there are many different Giardiniera blends with all sorts of pickled vegetables. Cauliflower, carrots, peppers, celery and olive are common ingredients.
Giardiniera can be mild or very spicy with the addition of pepperoncinis and cherry peppers. Olive salad has a lot of the same ingredients but is olive oil based and not pickled. Both are very popular Italian condiments
Tips for Making Keto Broccoli Slaw
- Make your broccoli slaw the night before. the flavors will have more time to blend.
- Add whatever veggies you have in the fridge. this recipe is a great use of tired veggies that might go bad unless used immediately.
- If the broccoli slaw gets watery strain out some of the extra juices at the bottom then add a tablespoon of mayo and it will tighten right back up.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes to give the broccoli slaw an extra kiss of heat.
Ingredients For Giardiniera & Feta Brocoli Slaw
- Broccoli Slaw– Broccoli stemma, carrots and red cabbage, Feel free to make your own but no shame in bagged salad.
- Giardiniera– Pickled Italian vegetable condiment
- Feta– If you don’t like feta you can substitute fresh mozzarella cheese
- Mayonnaise– Dukes is the best, Dont come at me Hellmans
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Red wine vinegar would work well in this recipe as another option
- Minced Garlic– I used the pre chopped stuff because I had it on hand but fresh is best.
- Lemon Juice– fresh is best but concentrate is fine
- Scallions– Diced red onion works if you don’t hav scallions
- Italian Seasoning– feel free to use fresh herbs if you have them
- Grape Tomatoes– any tomatoes will do just fine
- Capers– These little fruits pack big flavors
Questions About Making Keto Giardiniera & Feta Broccoli Slaw
More Keto Salads and Slaws
- Italian Hoagie Slaw
- Reuben Slaw
- Kimchi Coleslaw
- Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- Cheddar Broccoli Bacon Ranch Salad
- Black & Bleu Slaw
- Asian Red Cabbage Slaw w/ Cilantro Lime Dressing
Follow Culinary Lion on Tiktok
Giardiniera & Feta Broccoli Slaw
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together so that all ingredients are well coated. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week