Subscribe to our newsletter!
Jump to Recipe
The Ultimate Keto Fake Out Recipe!!
You have to give cauliflower a lot of credit for being a keto chameleon. This cruciferous vegetable disguises itself as potato almost too well. You can ditch the starchy carbs in your summer salad and substitute this versatile low carb doppelgänger. Keeping this popular side dish on your Keto menu
This summer side dish is one of the most requested things that I get asked to make for family gathering. It’s a knock off of my grandmothers famous potato salad down to the hard boiled egg slices and paprika. My brother who hates cauliflower with a passion calls this dish “the bowl of lies”. Mainly because at a glance you would never know that it’s cauliflower instead of potato. Now I’m not gonna tell you that this will fool someone who doesn’t like cauliflower into enjoying this dish. However, I will say that it blows people away when they taste those familiar flavors. Then realize it’s cauliflower, not potato.
The Secret To perfectly Cooked Cauliflower
The secret to this dish is cooking the cauliflower just enough that it’s soft and tender. Still firm enough to not turn into mashed cauliflower. That’s a different dish (click here for my ricotta cauliflower mash recipe). As soon as the cauliflower is cooked tender but still firm it’s important to shock the cauliflower in cold water. This will stop the cooking process. Other than cooking the cauliflower correctly this dish is a breeze. Simply toss the other ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine, then fold in the cauliflower.
Don’t Feel Like Cooking the cauliflower at all? Check out this Purple Cauliflower Antipasti Recipe
This dish is the perfect potluck side because it’s best served the second day. You can prep the dish and chill it overnight to give the dressing time to absorb. Even your non keto friends and family will love this dish. You’ll definitely get invited to more cookouts this summer!
If you’re looking for my favorite gadget under $25 bucks I highly recommend picking up this Automatic Egg Cooker. It’s fantastic for making Deviled Eggs or just to keep hard boiled eggs in your fridge. Most of my family have one of these by now and if they don’t they’re getting one for Christmas…Surprise!!
More Keto Side Dishes
- Keto Kale Rockefeller
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Keto Kimchi Coleslaw
- Purple Cauliflower Antipasti
- Keto Italian Hoagie Coleslaw
- 2 large heads cauliflower
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 lb. bacon cooked & chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 dill pickle spears diced
- 2 tablespoon aged sherry vinegar
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp real salt
- 1 tsp black Pepper
- Cook bacon, hard boil eggs ahead of time so ingredients are ready.
- Diced up cauliflower into bite size pieces and boil for about 5-7 minutes in salted water until outer parts are tender but the center is still firm.
- Rinse cauliflower in cold water until room temperature to stop the cooking process. Make sure you drain and pat cauliflower dry or your salad will be watery.
- Next dice up pickles, celery and fresh herbs. (If using dried herbs use a tsp of 2-3 herbs you like)
- In a large mixing bowl mix up all ingredients except cauliflower.
- Fold in cauliflower until fully combined.
- To garnish slice three eggs with an egg slicer and arrange the egg slices around the bowl and dust the top with paprika and parsley.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
This recipe for low carb Cauliflower “Potato” Salad contains affiliate links. I receive income from qualifying purchases.