Subscribe to our newsletter!
Jump to Recipe
Need a soup that will warm you up from Head to Toe. This 5 cheese creamy cauliflower soup is perfect for anyone trying to cut down on the carbs without sacrificing a drop of flavor.
Its so very cold outside, Please Give us a tasty easy to prepare soup recipe!
As a Polar Vortex takes the temperatures into the sub zero range that I have no plans to experience first hand I decided today would be a perfect day to stay inside and make a batch of creamy, cheesy comforting cauliflower soup. I grew up having loaded baked potato versions of this soup and since I’ve begun my keto lifestyle this cauliflower version exceeds my expectations of how good low carb recipes can be. I know bloggers say all the time that you can’t tell the difference, that’s a lie. Just ask my brother who would rather run naked through the snow then eat even one spoonful of anything cauliflower. That being said I actually prefer the flavor of the cauliflower version of this soup recipe.
Ways to cook the Creamy Cauliflower Soup?
You can make this soup in a large stock pot or even a slow cooker but I’m going to be using my instant pot for today recipe. The instant pot gives you the best of both worlds since you can sauté the bacon and onions before putting the lid on and pressure cooking the cauliflower to a perfect tender consistency in only 8 minutes. The crock pot version of this soup would most likely take 2-3 hours and not have near the depth of flavor, not to mention you’d have to sauté the bacon in a separate pan. I’m a big fan of using enameled cast iron pans for soups like this but they do require a little more technique and attention to detail so the instant pot really is a great method to go with in this case.
Five Cheeses!! Aren’t you being a bit excessive??
To answer your question with a statement…l love cheese! I love hard cheese, soft cheese, sharp cheese, mild cheese. I’m hard pressed to find a cheese I don’t like. You could easily cut this down to three cheeses if you don’t share my enthusiasm for this funky formage. The Parmesan and ricotta have a more functional purpose in the recipe acting as a thickening agent. The other cheeses are more for overall texture and flavor. If you don’t have multiple cheeses or just want to keep it simple, pick a cheese that you enjoy. For me I like the combination of different cheeses together to create a unique flavor profile. Gouda has a robust smokiness while Asiago has a sharper nutty flavor and fontina has a rich creamy texture that adds a beautiful velvety sheen to the soup.
I don’t Have an Immersion stick blender but I really want to make it…Help!!!
I’ve got you covered though i am going to leave a link right here for a very affordable stick blender. Simply ladle out the contents of the pot into your traditional blender and pulse until smooth. Then transfer to a large container. Once all of the soup is blended smooth pour the mixture back into the instant pot. Hand whisk the cheeses until smooth. You’ll have to dirty an extra container and a few utensils but that will motivate you to grab yourself an immersion stick blender from amazon. You deserve it!
More Low Carb Soup Recipes
- Stracciatella: Italian Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- Low Carb Beef Bourguignon
- Tom Yum Chicken & Rice Soup
- Chicken Jalapeno Popper Soup
Five Cheese Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head Cauliflower large
- ½ pound Bacon cut into ½ inch pieces
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Ricotta Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Smoked Gouda
- ¼ cup Asiago Cheese
- ¼ cup Fontina
- ½ cup white Onion diced
- 1 tsp Granulated Onion
- 1` tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 2 tbsp Scallions thinly Sliced
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp White Pepper
- Chop bacon into ½ inch pieces and add to the instant pot set on sauté. Stir occasionally until crispy then set aside on paper towels to cool.
- Add in diced onion and chopped cauliflower. Cook for about 10 minutes browning the cauliflower and onion.
- Add in chicken broth and heavy cream and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in your seasoning, place the lid on making sure the vent is closed then set the instant pot for 8 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the instant pot has finished its cycle slow release for 15 minutes before removing the lid.
- Using an Immersion stick blender add in your cheeses one at a time starting with the ricotta, then Parmesan then the remaining cheeses.
- Garnish your soup with crispy bacon, additional cheese and sliced scallions