I’d like to start by apologizing to any of my friends or followers from Thailand or Far East Asia for that matter. Making Keto recipes obviously requires taking some liberties with ingredients but this recipe has gone too far. That Being said this is fantastic recipe perfect for a quick dinner or on the go keto meal prep.
I was stuck on what to call this dish. Since the flavor profile was similar I made a game-time decision to label this ketofied Thai recipe “Drunken Noodles”.
Drunken Noodles? But Wheres the Booze?
There’s a few stories as to origin of this dish. The one that I’m going with is that it was originally made by a drunken cook with random ingredients available at the time. That’s kinda how my version came together. I was shuffling through my fridge looking for something to eat when I came across some chicken thighs and snap peas. I always have a bunch of Asian ingredients on hand so I knew I was heading in that direction. Thai Food is one of my favorite cuisines among other Asian dishes.
Before Keto I think I ordered Pad Thai at least once a week and Drunken noodles the other times. The balance of sweet, salty and sour is a flavor profile that I’m quite fond of. The fresh lime juice with the salty coconut aminos absorb into the noodles to form a perfect sauce.
Fish Sauce is a strange but key ingredient to this recipe that has an indescribable flavor that makes the dish what it is. You probably don’t want to know how fish sauce is made but google it if you’re curiosity gets the best of you… I posted a video below
The Magic Of Miracle Noodles
As I started pulling out bottles, seasoning and my Miracle noodle I figured the fettuccine would make a fine substitute for the broad rice noodles traditionally used. As the dish was coming together I wanted to give it one extra blast of flavor and body. That’s when I remembered my Roasted Chicken Bone Broth from Ketologie. It’s the first bone broth that I’ve found that actually tastes great.
I have a few miracle noodle recipes already and more on the way. Miracle Noodles are a fantastic way to bulk up dishes without adding calories. It’s low carb, gluten free and has no discernible taste at all. It’s a blank canvas to whatever flavors you want to add. The key to making these noodles work is first rinsing them under hot water for about a minute. Next, pat dry and drain for a few minutes. You’ll want to add the noodles early in the cooking process so they have time to absorb all the flavors. I know it may seem odd to add the noodles when the chicken is half cooked but it really allows the noodles to reach their full potential.
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 4 oz Snap Peas
- 1 package Miracle Noodles Fettuccine
- 2 tbsp Sambal Oelek
- 1 tbsp Duck Fat
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp Roasted Garlic
- 1 tbsp Chives
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Scoop Roasted Chicken Bone Broth Ketologie
- 1 tbsp Dak’s Asian Zing
- ½ tsp Redmond Coarse Real Salt
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice Fresh Squeezed
- 1 tsp chili threads Optional Garnish
- Thinly Slice 1 lb. of boneless Skinless Chicken thighs while warming up a Wok over Medium High Heat with 1 Tbsp Duck fat or another high temperature fat like avocado oil or Lard.
- Remove Miracle Noodles from package and drain off excess liquid, run under hot water for about 1 minute then pat dry and set aside to continue draining.
- In the wok season the chicken with salt and Asian Zing seasoning and begin browning off the chicken for a few minutes until the meat is about half cooked
- Next add fettuccine Miracle noodles and toss together. After a minute or so add the snap peas to the wok and continue cooking.
- Once the chicken is almost fully cooked add your lime juice, coconut aminos, garlic and Sambal Oelek. Continue to simmer the sauce until the chicken is fully cooked and sauce has reduced by half (about 3-5 minutes)
- Turn heat to low and toss in you chives and Chicken bone broth, stir until fully combined and powder is completely incorporated into the sauce.
- (Optional) garnish with sliced lime wheel and chili threads
THIS is a fabulous recipe!
Thank you my friend, if you don’t mind leaving a rating, it helps me out a lot!! Thank you for visiting!!