A culinary kaleidoscope of deliciousness! inspired by a Green Papaya Salad from the food Network Show “Triple D” . This Keto Thai Veggie Salad is packed with all the flavors of the Far East with a lot less baggage from carbs and added sugars. A Ketofied Recipe that anyone can prepare in minutes that everyone will love
As Seen on TV!!
On an old episode of diners, drive ins and dives I saw a thai restaurant that made a green papaya salad that looked amazing. I immediately started thinking of a way to recreate this dish with my own spin. Green papayas are just young unripened papayas. They do have less carbs than their fully ripened counterparts but still higher than I wanted in my recipe. I substituted a variety of colorful veggies like zucchini, squash, carrots and peppers. Not only for a pretty presentation but a variety of crunchy texture.
Versatile creamy Asian dressing.
The dressing has a spicy tangy zip that compliments the veggies perfectly. I added mayo which isn’t traditional but adds some extra healthy fats and helps the dressing coat the veggies. This low carb dressing can be used for a variety of salads and is a great marinade for chicken well. I double the dressing recipe so I have some extra on hand for adding a kick to other asian recipes.
Side dish or main Course? Keto Thai Veggie Salad can be Both!!
This salad can make a fantastic side dish to serve with chicken or seafood. You can also use it as a crunchy condiments to be served overtop your main dish. After about four days the crunch of the veggies tends to go a bit limp. It still has great flavor but I doubt it will last that long in the refrigerator.
Broccoli Scallion Chaffle Thai Turkey Burger!!!
I recently had the opportunity to try these Thai Turkey Burgers From Tribali Foods. They are made with super clean ingredients and are honestly some of the most flavorful ground turkey I’ve ever had. These Thai turkey burgers were the perfect pairing for my Thai veggie Salad. As I mentioned earlier the salad makes a delicious topping for burgers or chicken sandwiches as well as lettuce wraps. Instead of using a lettuce cup I prepared the Broccoli Scallion Chaffle Recipe that I used in my General Tso Chicken Recipe. There’s nothing like picking up a big juicy sandwich with two hands and chomping down. If you couldn’t Tell I absolutely Love Thai Food. Please Checkout other Thai Inspired Dishes Like This Thai Peanut Chicken Pizza or Keto Drunken Noodles
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 large squash
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 mini red yellow and orange bell peppers
- ½ cup sliced radishes
- 1 fresh jalapeño
- ½ bunch cilantro
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint
- Spicy Thai Salad Dressing
- Juice of one lime w/ zest
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoon Sambal Oelek chili paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tsp erythritol
- 1 tsp Redmonds Real Salt
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- Using a mandoline with the julienne blade carefully slice zucchini,squash and carrots into long noodle like strains. Add salt to draw out the moisture. Let sit for 30 minutes then drain off all excess liquid and pat dry.
- Next slice mini bell peppers lengthwise into matchsticks and rough chop herbs. Add to the rest of the veggies.
- In a separate bowl prepare dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Pour dressing over the veggies, toss to combine. Let sit for 30-60 minutes in the fridge before serving
This Page Contains Affiliate Links. Your support is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!!