Somehow, we made it to the playoffs against all odds, and its time to sit down and enjoy some football with your favorite keto appetizers.
These flavor-packed Keto Apps are easy to prepare ahead so you can spend more time watching the big game and less time in the kitchen.
I’ve compiled a list of my top 25 best keto appetizers so you can plan the ultimate keto game day menu.
- First Quarter: Keto Chips, Dips and Dressings
- Bangin Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chesapeake Crab Dip
- Spicy Pepperoni Keto Pimento Cheese
- Muffuletta Dip
- Keto Crab Guacamole
- Keto Cheese Chips
- Keto Pepperoni Pizza Crisps
- Five Ingredient Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Ranch Dressing: Hidden Valley Copycat
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Second Quarter: Balls, Bites and Wings
- Smoked Chicken Wings
- Chesapeake Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Keto Chicken Wings: Asian Zing Copycat
- Air Fryer Keto Chili Wings
- Keto Peri Peri Boneless Wings
- Harissa Aioli
- Keto Tequila Lime Shrimp Fajitas
- Shrimp Cocktail w/ Keto Cocktail Sauce
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Pizza Tenders
- Pastrami Roll Ups
- Chick-Fil-a Nuggets
- Chick-Fil-a Sauce
- Keto Cajun BBQ Sausage Bites
- Prosciutto Mozzarella Sticks
- Third Quarter: Pizza, Tacos and Sides
- Keto Pan Pizza Crust: Pizza Hut Copycat
- Low Carb Dill Pickle Pizza
- Keto Carnivore Calzone
- Low Carb Beef Birria Tacos
- Sriracha Lobster Roll Tacos
- Keto Italian Hoagie Slaw
- Forth Quarter: Drinks & Dessert
- Flourless Bacon Avocado Brownies
- The Keto Kraken Rum Cocktail AKA Dark & Stormy
First Quarter: Keto Chips, Dips and Dressings
You can’t have any legitimate Super Bowl party without at least one dip as well as some dressings for those wings you’ll be serving. These are some of my favorite kick ass keto appetizers dips to serve with your favorite pork rinds, keto crackers, veggies or whatever you use to shovel that tasty goodness into your face!
This Bangin Buffalo chicken dip is always been on of my favorite keto crowd pleasers. perfect shareable low carb appetizer for your next gathering. Three cheese blend with tender buffalo chicken breast seasoned with old bay.
Bangin Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Season chicken breast by tossing with minced garlic, melted butter and old bay. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake chicken for about 20-25 minutes until fully cooked (165 Degrees F). Let chicken cool for 5 minutes and then chop up chicken into small pieces.
- in a microwave safe bowl combine hot sauce and cream cheese. mircrowave for 2 minutes until cream cheese is soft. whis together hot sauce and cream cheese until smooth and then fold in chicken, Mayo, Sour Cream, Grated parmesan and half of the blei cheese and half of the cheddar.
- Place buffalo chicken dip into a cast iron skillet or oven safe dish, top with remaining cheeses and sliced jalapenos. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until cheese is meted and dip is hot and bubbly. Serve with Veggies and Prok Rinds
One of the most popular restaurant menu items in the mid Atlantic. Chesapeake Crab Dip is a creamy dip loaded with Blue crab, cheeses and old bay served with a variety of dippers. Its the perfect shareable appetizer for any gathering
Chesapeake Crab Dip
- Combine softened cream cheese along with bousin, half of the cheddar cheese, mayo, worcestershire, mustard and old bay. make sure the mxture is completly smooth.
- Once dip is smooth gently fold in crab meat along with chives, old bay and lemon juice.
- spread the crab dip out into a cast iron pan and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. for a bubbly golden top. set the oven to broil for the last 2 minutes until the dip reaches the desired color.
- top with scallions or parsley (optional) and serve with your favorite dippers listed above in blog post.
Spicy Pimento Cheese Dip Is an easy to prepare keto friendly recipe that’s ready in minutes.Great for dipping veggies and a super simple low carb Appetizer
Spicy Pepperoni Keto Pimento Cheese
- Chop up the pepperoni and scallions then add to a bowl with remaining ingredients.
- fold all ingredients together until well combined. Serve with your favorite dippers like pork rinds, low carb chips and veggies.
This Muffuletta Dip is an easy low carb recipe based on my favorite sandwich in the Big Easy. This dip is perfect for any Game Day snacking or family gatherings. Loaded with flavor and ready in no time.
- mix together softened cream cheese, boursin cheese, red wine vinegar and parmesan cheese
- fold in chopped salami, ham, swiss and olive salad
- to serve cold place in fridge for 15 minutes to firm up if serving immediately. if serving later take out at least 30 minutes before serving to soften up
- To serve hot place in a oven safe dish ad bake at 350 degrees F. for about 15-20 minutes. blot any excess grease from the top. Then sprinkle shredded cheese on top and broil for a few minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve with Veggies, Crustini, crackers, Pork Rinds or Cheese crisps
Summertime and the livin easy!! Crab Guacamole is one of my absolute favorite quick and easy recipes to serve at family get togethers. You only need a few ingredients and about 5 minutes to blow your guest away with these fresh ingredients.
Keto Crab Guacamole
- Slice Avacados in half, remove pit and score the avacado into ½ inch chunks then scoop out the meat of the fruit.
- Combine remaining ingredients and gently fold for chunky texture
- serve immediatly or wrap with plastic wrap pressed directly into the guacamole to prevent oxidation.
Looking for something that can stand up to the thickest guacamole without snapping in half. These Keto cheese Chips are the latest technology in low carb dipping and sure to be a favorite snack for anyone looking for a grain free crunch.
Keto Cheese Chips
- Microwave cheddar cheese in 30 second bursts stirring in between until Cheese is completely melted and smooth.
- Immediately add coconut flour and mix until a dough forms. You should start with a plastic spatula but once it cools down a bit you can pick the dough up to finish forming it into a dough ball
- Place the dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out as thin and even as possible without tearing. As you see in the video it doesn’t always come out to an even shape but don’t worry you’ll be able to cut the chips into triangles.
- Using a pizza cutter cut strips across and set aside the strips accept the one you are cutting into triangles. You can use that same pizza cutter or I actually got better results using a bench scraper
- Once you’ve cut all you chips line them on a sheet pan with parchment paper with about a ½ inch of space in between each chip. Any overlapping will cause them to stick together.
- Bake chips at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes and then keep your eyes on them to get them as crispy as possible without burning them.
Bringing the crunch back to Keto with these easy to make pepperoni pizza crisps. These easy to make cheese crisps are great for snacking or as a crunchy vessel for your favorite dips. Packed with pizza flavor and only 3 ingredients. You can’t get any easier than that.
Keto Pepperoni Pizza Crisps
- 2 cups pecorino romano
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 oz Pepperoni
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F then in a mixing bowl combine your cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Lay parchment paper over a sheet pan (pro tip: spray the sheet pan then lay the parchment over and it will stick to the pan but comes off easily after cooking)
- Next using a 2-3 inch ring mold spread about 1 tablespoon inside each mold forming a round disk. Continue the process until you’ve used all of your cheese. Then place one slice of pepperoni over each crisp.
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes until the cheese looks lightly golden and crisp. Let cool to room temperature (about 10-15 minutes) before plating.
You’ll never buy store bought bleu cheese dressing after you make this 5 ingredient homemade version. It takes just minutes to prepare and will put all other bleu cheese dressing to shame. Don’t your wings deserve the best??
Five Ingredient Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a wide mouth container combine mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, heavy cream and half of the bleu cheese
- Using a stick blender pulse until the dressing is smooth, a few tiny lumps is ok but the mixture should be well combined. If still to thick you can stir in another tablespoon of heavy cream.
- Stir in the remaining bleu cheese with a spoon so you have the perfect blend of creamy and chunky bleu cheese dressing perfect for dipping.
Ranch Dressing: Hidden Valley Copycat
- Whisk by hand all ingredients until smooth and combined, do not use a blender
- Store in air tight container for up to 7 days
Bonus Chipotle Ranch Recipe
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Store in fridge for up to 3 weeks
Second Quarter: Balls, Bites and Wings
For this course you want to bring out the finger foods, things you can grab with your fingers or stab with a toothpick. Obviously Wings are gonna be a big hit so make sure you have plenty but things like meatballs, Chicken tenders and Shrimp are always a fan favorite too. Remember variety is the spice of life when it comes to a proper keto Super Bowl Spread.
This recipe is my favorite way to get crispy wings that still have the smoky flavor we all love. These Chesapeake Garlic Parmesan Wings are based on an award winning recipe from a popular Irish Pub in Baltimore known for their amazing Smoked Wings
Smoked Chicken Wings
- 5 lbs Chicken Wings
- ⅓ cup BBQ Chicken Rub
- Season wings lightly with BBQ rub seasoning then place on smoker set to 225 degrees F. Cook for 1 hour then raise temperature to 350 degrees F and cook for another Hour.
- Remove wings and allow to cool to room temperature before chilling in the Refrigerator in ziplock bags
- When its time to reheat set conventional oven to 450 degrees or air Fryer to 400 Degrees F.If heating in the oven place wings on a wire rack on top of a sheet pan and bake for about 30 minutes until wings are golden and crispy. If Heating in Air Fryer Place a layer of wings in the basket or rack and cook for about 20 Minutes until golden and crispy
- Let wings rest for 5 minutes before tossing them in sauce.
Chesapeake Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- in a saucepan over medium low heat stir hot sauce, sweetener and butter until butter has almost melted
- Remove saucepan from heat then using a Stick Blender Blend the sauce together for about 30 seconds until the sauce has turned a bright orange color and thickened slightly
- using a whisk stir in old bay, garlic and grated Parmesan
These Low Carb Vietnamese Sticky wings are oven baked to perfection. Tossed in a sweet and spicy Keto friendly sauce that’s out of this world. If you’re tired of boring Buffalo Wings this is the recipe for you!
Keto Chicken Wings: Asian Zing Copycat
Asian Zing Sauce
- 1 tbsp Scallions thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Pat wings dry and season with salt. Refrigerate overnight or for at least a few hours.
- Pat dry again and toss wings with Chinese five spice and baking powder.
- Lay wings out on a baking rack over a sheet pan. Bake for 1 hour at 275 degrees F
- After one hour spray or brush your favorite oil or animal fat lightly over the wings to help them crisp up even more.
- Then raise heat to 425 and cook for 30-45 minutes until crispy. (pro tip: Refrigerating the wings after the first cook will help the wings become more tender and come away from the bone easier)
- While the wings are finishing up heat a pan over medium with butter, garlic, ginger and scallions sauté until garlic and ginger begin to carmelize . Add remaining ingredients to pan and reduce for 1 minute while stirring. Shut off heat and whisk in 1 extra tablespoon of butter.
- Once wings are crispy and fully cooked brush the sauce onto each wing individually and serve extra sauce on the side. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds
Make these Chili Rubbed Wings part of your next Cinco de Mayo Fiesta. Bold and spicy wings along with zesty chipotle ranch is the perfect combo of Tex Mex Deliciousness.
Air Fryer Keto Chili Wings
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings
Chili Dry Rub Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients of the chili dry rub seasoning, set aside
- Prepare the wing marinade by whisking all ingrdents together. Pour into a large freezer bag along with the wings and marinate for at least 4 hours preferably overnight.
- Once marinated remove the wings from the bag and pat them completly dry. Toss with about 2 tablespoons of the dry rub and place in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Heat your Air Fryer to 350 degrees F. Cook wings for about 45 minutes filipping the wings half way through until they reach an internal temperature of 150 degrees F. Spray the wings with cooking spray or brush with avocado oil.
- Cook at 400 degrees F. for an additional 15-20 minutes util the skin is crispy and the internal temp is around 180 degrees F. Drizzle over some lime juice and zest serve with chipotle ranch dressing
The breading is really simple. I use two parts Pork King Good breadcrumbs along with Coconut flour and some spices. I’ve also substituted almond flour for breading and found that it’s a bit heavier a crust. I like the light coating on this recipe since I’m tossing the chicken in a sauce afterwards. If you don’t have any pork king good breadcrumbs you can always pulse some pork rinds in a food processor.
Keto Peri Peri Boneless Wings
- Cut up chicken into chunks then toss in heavy cream and spices. Let marinate for 30 minutes
- Combine pork king good breadcrumbs and coconut flour then dredge the chicken thighs in the breading so they are completely coated.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Fry the chicken thighs for 5-7 minutes until fully cooked then remove and lay on paper towels to absorb excess grease.
- Toss in peri peri sauce and serve with harissa Aioli.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
You’ll never waste your money on overpriced sizzling fajita platters again after you make this quick and easy Keto Tequila Lime Shrimp Fajitas. Perfect for weeknight tex mex dinners or low carb meal prep.
Keto Tequila Lime Shrimp Fajitas
- 2 lbs Shrimp 21/25 count
- 1 tbsp Island Thyme Seasoning Caribeque
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup bell Peppers Red and Yellow
- ¼ cup Jalapeños Thinly sliced
- 1.5 oz Tequila
- ⅓ cup Scallions Thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- Peel and divien shrimp then season with Caribeque Island thyme seasoning, let marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Add shrimp to a steaming hot pan with 2 tablespoons of butter. Cooke shrimp for about one minute until shrimp start to turn pink on the sides.
- Flip the shrimp then add bell peppers and jalapeños. stir shrimp and peppers after about 30 seconds.
- deglaze the pan with shot of tequila (if cooking with open flame turn off heat while adding tequila to prevent flare up)
- once shrimp are fully cooked turn off heat then fold in the scallions and cilantro, finally stir in a tablespoon of butter.
Need a quick keto appetizer? this low carb rendition packs all the bold flavor of classic cocktail sauce without the unwanted sugar. Keto Shrimp Cocktail is the perfect appetizer for any Holiday Party or Family gathering
Shrimp Cocktail w/ Keto Cocktail Sauce
- Place shrimp in a pot and cover with cold water. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon and 1 tbsp of old bay. Bring shrimp to a boil.
- Once shrimp has reached a boil, stir for 15-20 seconds before removing shrimp and shocking in an ice bath to stop the cooking process
- after shrimp are completly chilled peel of the shell leaving the tail then make a cut across the top of the shrimp and remove the orange vein runing along the top, rinse shrimp again and chill until time to serve
- Whisk ingredients together and chill in fridge.
- Note* sometimes cocktail sauce will congeal after a few days in the fridge, just add a tablespoon of water and an extra dash of ketchup and whisk again and it will return to its original texture.
If you’re looking for a crispy keto chicken tender recipe without pork rinds this is the recipe for you. Shrewd Food Brick oven Pizza Protein Crisps give these tenders a perfect crunch. Paired with a spicy Calabrian Chile Aioli Dipping Sauce, this is a low carb appetizer you’ll be making over and over again.
Low Carb Crispy Chicken Pizza Tenders
- Whisk one egg with heavy cream, hot sauce and Italian seasoning, coat chicken tenderloin in egg wash mixture and set aside.
- Next pour 2 bags of the Shrewd Foods Brick Oven Pizza Protein Puffs into a food processor and pulse until crushed evenly into "breadcrumbs" similar to panko. you can also place protein puffs in a bag and smash with a rolling pin or skillet. Combine Breading mixture with grated Parmesan and set aside
- To bread chicken tenders roll each tenderloin in the breading mixture one at a time pressing the breading into the chicken evenly. then place breaded chicken on a baking sheet or into air fryer basket. once all the chicken has been breaded spray with a light coat of cooking oil and bake or air fry at 350 for about 20-25 minutes flipping the tenders at the halfway point.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the dipping sauce by combining all ingredients and whisking or blending until smooth.
Pastrami Roll ups are a fantastic anytime snack that can be ready in minutes. Perfect for dipping in spicy deli mustard or Russian dressing it’s all the best parts of a Rueben without the bread. Low carb doesn’t need to be boring when you have keto friendly recipes like this ready to go.
Pastrami Roll Ups
- Air Fryer
- ½ lb Pastrami Deli Sliced
- 4 Dill Pickle spears
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 cup Sauerkraut
- ¼ cup Spicy Brown Mustard
- ¼ cup Russian Dressing
- Take two slices of pastrami and lay them out on a cutting board overlapping, lay a slice of swiss on top of the pastrami and then a pickle spear or sauerkraut. roll up firmly and set on rack or Air Fryer basket.
- Cook for 10-12 Minutes at 370 degrees until hot. slice in half and serve with spicy brown mustard and Russian Dressing.
If you’re like me you love chick-fil-a sauce with nuggets. I’ve created a copycat recipe that’s gluten free, keto friendly and 100% delicious! Checkout this low carb doppelgänger recipe and Eat more chicken!!!
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F.
- Cut chicken breast into small 1.5 inch pieces then toss in a bowl and combine with smoked paprika, egg and dijon mustard. Let marinate in the fridge for 15-30 minutes
- Pour 1 cup of pork king breadcrumbs into a bowl. one at a time coat the pieces of chicken in the bread crumbs. gently press the breadcrumbs into each piece of chicken.
- Place each piece of chicken on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Lightly spray each nugget with cooking spray of choice.
- Bake For 30-35 minutes until chicken nuggets are crispy. serve with Keto Chick-Fil-a Sauce.
- Whisk all ingredients together. Store in the fridge for up to 2 months
As the holidays approach everyone is searching for easy to prepare appetizers. These Keto Cajun Bbq sausage bites are quick easy and delicious. With only 6 ingredients you will be a hit at your next holiday party and no one will even know they’re eating low carb.
Keto Cajun BBQ Sausage Bites
- Combine all ingredients except the bbq sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Once all ingredients are well combined use a 2 oz scoop to portion out the sausage balls. Rolling them in your hands will give you a more uniform sphere shape.
- Place the sausage balls in the air fryer basket and set at a temperature of 370 degrees F for 15 minutes. (If using a Convection oven bake at 400 degrees for 13-17 minutes depending on oven)
- After the sausages are fully cooked toss them in a bowl with the bbq sauce then serve.
Looking for the perfect keto snack? Prosciutto mozzarella sticks are a delicious appetizer with only a few ingredients. Make these low carb mozzarella sticks are air fried and the perfect quick dish.
Prosciutto Mozzarella Sticks
- 3 Mozzarella String cheese
- 6 slices Prosciutto
- 2 oz Rao's Marinara
- 3 leaves Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp Balsamic Reduction
- Place mozzarella string cheese in frezzer for at least 2 hours until completely frozen
- Remove frozen Mozzarella from packaging and layout 2 slices of prosciutto overlaping and place mozzarella in the center. Fold in the 2 sides and press tightly to seal then roll up gently but firm.
- place prosciutto wrapped mozzarella sticks in air fryer at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes until prosciutto is crisp and mozzarella is just barely beginning to melt out.
- Serve immediately with Marinara and drizzle with Blasamic if desired
Third Quarter: Pizza, Tacos and Sides
Halftime Show is on and it’s time to regroup. Now its time to bring out the big guns with some pizza and tacos and sides. I normally wouldn’t put out many dishes that involve a fork but the Hoagie Slaw is so good that It had to make the cut for my keto Super Bowl spread.
Long ago before keto was even on my radar I had a pizza addiction. I doubt I was the only one. My favorite type of pizza was Pan Pizza. That buttery crust was the perfect vessel to top with all of my favorite ingredients. I’ve since been on a mission to create a keto friendly pan pizza crust that could scratch that itch. Well though nothing will fully compare to the real thing I believe I’ve come pretty darn close.
Keto Pan Pizza Crust: Pizza Hut Copycat
- 12 inch cast iron pan
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs with Seasonings and Baking powder, then add Mozzarella, Olive Oil, Parmesan and Pork Rinds
- Brush Cast iron pizza pan with melted butter covering the entire surface. Pour out dough mixture into the center and press out to the edges evenly (don't worry of its not perfect as the dough will spread out to the edges as it cooks)
- Bake for about 20 Minutes until crust has a light golden color.
- Remove pizza dough from the oven and set oven to your Low Broil Setting
- Top the pizza with your favorite sauce and toppings and broil until the cheese is melted to you liking and toppings are hot. (About 6-8 Minutes)
- Remove Pizza from the oven and wait about 5 Minutes before slicing