Cheesesteak Risotto Recipe
Cheesesteak Risotto is a quick and easy recipe that anyone can prepare. full of all of the flavors of a true Philly cheesesteak without the carbs
Looking for more Cheesesteak Inspiration? Checkout my Philly Cheesesteak Omelette
20 minutes, One Pan, Perfect Easy Keto Recipe
During the week, everyone is busy with life’s many commitments. You don’t always have time to make a dish with multiple components, you’ve got one pan and 20 minutes.
This recipe for Cheesesteak Risotto is so easy to make for a weeknight meal or meal prep.
This recipe requires almost zero prep, sliced scallions are the only thing that’s not already prepared.
You can substitute ground beef or another thinly sliced steak if you don’t want to use steak umms but I have a soft spot for this nostalgic frozen product.
Trader Joe’s has a fresh thinly sliced Ribeye that is fantastic as a higher quality option.
Why I like to combine Miracle Rice and Riced Cauliflower
The combination of Riced Cauliflower and Miracle Rice gives the recipe a textural blend. It also really bulks up the dish without adding a lot of calories or carbs.
If you don’t like the texture of Miracle Rice this is the perfect recipe for you. Once you cook the miracle rice with the cauliflower you don’t even notice it’s there.
For an extra kick I put a tablespoon of Calabrian Chiles on top as a flavorful garnish. Bobby Flay uses this spicy Chile in everything!!
Cooking Keto Meals For One
As a single guy that cooks everyday I know that preparing meals for one can be tough. I also have to photograph my meals for the blog before I can eat.
I normally make the recipe, photograph the recipe and then portion out the dish and keep one portion out to eat.
I’m a fan of Philly cheesesteaks and I know the purists will say that cheese whiz is the only way a cheesesteak should be made.
Others will claim that melted provolone or American cheese is superior. Leave a comment below and tell me what cheese you think is best on a cheesesteak.
No matter which cheese you decide to use this recipe will fill you up with those familiar flavor without packing on the carbs.
More Keto Meal Prep Ideas
- Pepperoni Mozzarella Shrimp Salad
- Spicy Sausage Fettuccine Alfredo
- Cold Sesame Noodles w/ Hearts of Palm
- Cheeseburger Brunch Casserole
- Pepperoni Prosciutto Egg Bites
- 12 oz Steak Umm or Shaved Ribeye
- 2 cups Riced Cauliflower
- 2 bags Miracle Rice
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ¾ cup Shredded Provolone or Cheddar
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Scallions
- 2 oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Real Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Calabrian Chiles Optional Garnish
- Cut frozen steak into ½ inch strips then add to pan with butter.
- Sauté steak until about halfway cooked then add cauliflower, scallion, mushrooms and drained and rinsed miracle rice. Continue cooking for about 4 minutes until cauliflower and mushrooms are softened.
- Add seasoning, cream cheese and heavy cream, reduce until sauce thickens. Turn off heat and slowly stir in Parmesan and cheese of your choice.
This recipe for cheesesteak risotto contains affiliate links. I receive income from qualifying purchases