Cold Sesame Noodles are a super easy and delicious recipe great for meal prep or a quick on the go salad. This version is made with hearts of palm noodles to bring down the calories and carbs compared to traditional recipes.
Cold sesame Noodle Salad or side dish??
Cold Sesame Noodles are so versatile because it goes with so many different proteins. Sesame Noodles are served on their own or as a side dish alongside crispy chicken thighs or sliced pork loin. My personal favorite is to serve sesame noodles with poached shrimp and 7 minute soft boiled eggs. Because I used the hearts of palm noodles I reduce the carb count significantly compared to using traditional rice noodles. Calories are also lower so I can add extra protein to my meals. You Can also make this recipe with Zucchini noodles or any other low carb pasta alternatives.
Meal Prep Sunday
This recipe is meant to be served cold so you can make a lot of it in a short amount of time. I will make a double batch of sesame noodles along with shrimp, chicken and pork then portion them out into Reusable Meal Prep Containers. Each meal has a different protein to give me variety throughout the week. I mentioned above that I love to make 7 minute soft boiled eggs with sesame noodles. They’re easy to make and that jammy yolk porn goodness adds flavor and healthy fats.
Directions for 7 minute soft boiled Eggs
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Lower eggs into the pot. Make sure they are fully submerged.
- Boil for exactly 7 minutes
- Remove eggs immediately and shock in ice water.
- Allow eggs to fully cool in fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Gently peel eggs will keep for up to 5 day refrigerated.
- *Use good quality eggs for best results.
Peanut Sauce for Sesame Noodles
The Peanut sauce dressing for the cold sesame noodles can be used for all kinds of recipes. It can be a dipping sauce for chicken or shrimp as well as fantastic Thai peanut wing sauce. When preparing this recipe I like to toss the peanut sauce with my other ingredients so they can absorb the flavors. Before serving toss the noodles again to coat them for maximum deliciousness.whether you enjoy these noodles on their own or alongside your favorite proteins this low carb recipe is a keeper for sure.
More Asian Keto Inspiration
- Kung Pao Beef
- Asian Red Cabbage Slaw w/ Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Pepper Steak: Low Carb Copycat Recipe
- Keto Spicy Thai Noodles
- Keto Thai Veggie Salad
- 2 cans Palmini Linguine Noodles
- 1/2 cup Carrot Julienne
- 1/2 cup Seedless Cucumber Julienne
- 1/4 cup Sliced Scallions
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Chopped Peanuts
- 1 Sliced Jalapeno
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Sambal Oelek
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- Julienne carrot and cucumber, Slice scallions and jalapenos. Chop Peanuts and drain and rinse hearts of palm noodles.
- Make peanut sauce by combining Peanut Butter, Tamari, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Sambal Oelek, Lime Juice, Fish Sauce, Grated ginger and Garlic. Whisk until smooth. if sauce seems to thick ad a tbsp of water.
- toss Hearts of palm, Carrots, Cucumbers and half of the scallions together with peanut sauce then let chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Toss again before serving to re-coat the noodles. Garnish with remaining scallions, sliced jalapenos, chopped peanuts and sesame seeds
This page contains Affiliate links