The Ultimate 3 Ingredient Breakfast!!
This was just a goofy idea I had to Roll up my scrambled eggs in a Bacon Burrito. Reasons you should make this include: It looks cool, It tastes good and You’ll impress your friends!
The best explanation of this tasty breakfast would be that I took three simple ingredients and made them in an unnecessarily complicated way. I wouldn’t recommend this for a quick breakfast but if you wanted to impress a guest or do something special for a loved one this is a pretty cool presentation, kids love it to. My nephew called it breakfast sushi.
In all honesty it’s not too hard to prepare, scramble some cheesy eggs, wrap it up with bacon and fry it in a pan. Taking a little extra effort to elevate simple ingredients is something I’ve always enjoyed. It’s fun to think up new ways to re-imagine dishes and present them in new ways. If you wanted you could actually prep this ahead of time. Just scramble and chill the eggs. Wrap it up with bacon then wrap in wax paper to store in the fridge. Next day just remove the wax paper and fry it up and…breakfast is served. You look like a culinary wizard and your guests are none the wiser.
The two biggest tips are to make sure you chill the eggs after you cook them to at least room temperature and that the bacon is cold when you roll the eggs, It will make wrapping the bacon easier. you don’t need to use super fancy expensive bacon but I do recommend using center cut because it will cook evenly and give you a better finished product. I don’t recommend thick cut either because it won’t cook through and ends up chewy.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- Beat eggs for 30-45 seconds with a whisk to create lighter scrambled eggs.
- Set burner on medium low heat, Add a tablespoon of butter to a nonstick pan and coat entire surface.
- Add eggs to pan and using a silicone spatula start pulling the eggs to the center ast they begin to cook. You want this to take 4-5 minutes. If pan is getting too hot remove from heat and continue pull cooked egg to the center.
- As eggs begin to resemble runny scrambled eggs fold in ¼ cup Cheddar cheese and continue to fold until eggs are cooked but still look shiny.
- Cool eggs in a separate container for about 10-15 minutes while preparing the bacon.
- Lay six strips of bacon vertically on a cutting board and then weave two slices into the center for stability (feel free to make a full lattice using a total of 12 slices, I won’t judge).
- Next sprinkle ¼ cup cheddar cheese on the bacon before adding the eggs back on top
- Fold the outer 2 slices of vertical bacon over around the eggs sealing the ends before rolling up the bacon like a burrito.
- Transfer your bacon roll to a nonstick pan with a tablespoon of avocado oil and cook on all sides until crispy
- Let rest for a few minutes before slicing into medallions.