Subscribe to our newsletter!
Basic as a Pumpkin Chaffle Churro
Things are about to get Basic, Really Basic. These Keto Pumpkin Chaffle Churros w/ Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are so good you’ll burn your Ugg boots for another bite. I’ve taken the Fall pumpkin flavors everyone loves and combined them into a chaffle recipe. But wait, I took it a step further and prepared this tasty treat in a Churro Maker.
I am here to give the people what they want and judging from my numbers people love chaffles. They are some of my most popular recipes and I have to be honest, they’re really tasty. It’s nice to be able to pick up a sandwich and enjoy old favorites like a Pulled Pork or New York style Rueben. Even though in not a sweet tooth kinda guy I wanted to create a sweet chaffle recipe that everyone will love.
Aldi or Amazon…They’ve Got It All
Walking through Aldi grabbing some items for another recipe I saw out of the corner of my eye…a Churro Maker. This derailed any plans I had for the afternoon and I quickly grabbed everything I needed to make pumpkin chaffle churros. It’s the perfect fall recipe when you just want a sweet treat at the end of the day.
Pumpkin purée does have some carbs but when used in a recipe with other ingredients it can definitely fit into a keto lifestyle. I used both Lakanto Golden monkfruit sweetener and the Maple Flavored Syrup for this recipe. The Golden monkfruit was perfect for the pumpkin chaffles to add that subtle sweetness. The Maple Flavored Syrup worked great for the cream cheese icing to thin out the cream cheese to the perfect viscosity.
Obviously if you don’t have a Churro Maker this recipe will work perfectly in a traditional waffle maker. I have the Dash Mini Waffle Maker and it’s fantastic but when I saw the churro maker I had to snatch it up. If you do run out and get a churro maker I recommend putting the chaffle mixture into a disposable piping bag. It will make portioning the churros a lot easier. One other tip is to be very delicate when removing the churros from the mold. When they are hot they are soft and as they cool they will firm up a bit.
Dip or Drizzle Take Your Sides
The Maple Cream Cheese Icing is definitely tasty whether you are team drizzle or team dipper. I’m personally torn on that. I do love dunking churros in a tasty maple icing but the photographer in me had to drizzle some on top just for the “gram” either way you’ll have to use your better judgment and not start drinking it straight from the ramekin
More Keto Sweet Treats
- Keto Strawberries
- Keto Dalgona Coffee Chia Seed Pudding
- Flourless Keto Bacon Avocado Brownies
- Strawberry Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
- No Bake Cannoli Cheesecake
- Black Bottom Brownie Skillets
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
- ⅛ tsp Real Salt
- Churro Cinnamon Monkfruit Topping
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Ground
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, then pour mixture into a piping bag
- Cut the tip off the piping bag and pipe pumpkin chaffle mixture into each slot of the churro maker
- Cook until brown (about 4 minutes) gently remove cooked churros and roll in mixture of cinnamon and golden monkfruit sweetener
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Lakanto Maple Flavor Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- in a blender combine softened cream cheese and all other ingredients
- start by pulsing to combine before blending until smooth
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
I have no doubt this will be delicious. Look out pumpkin, I am coming for you.
So Good, I think this will be a hit for any pumpkin fan!! thank you for checking out this page