Love Amazing Keto Recipes? Sign up so you get all the latest Recipes
Jump to Recipe
This Keto Strawberry Crunch Chia Pudding w/ lemon whipped cream is the perfect low carb high fat protein packed treat. You can have it in the morning as a quick on the go breakfast. Also a great keto dessert to end the day. Either way it’s packed with fresh fruity flavor and sure to be a tasty favorite.
Another Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
Yes, nobody is going to have their mind blown that I wrote a chia pudding recipe but I do hope you can appreciate the subtle texture and flavor contrasts I added to make this recipe unique. Strawberries and lemon are a fantastic pairing because the acidic sour lemon is balanced out by the sweetness of the strawberries. Adding the fresh squeezed lemon juice to the Strawberry crunch chia pudding as well as the whipped cream adds a freshness that really brings this dessert up a notch.
Strawberry & Cream Protein Puffs
I had tried these Strawberry & Cream Protein Puffs from Shrewd Foods a while back and really enjoyed them as a snack. Some People use them as a protein packed keto friendly cereal. I thought that crushing them up on top of a dessert seemed like a great idea to me. One of my biggest complaints about chia puddings is that they’re kinda boring from a textual perspective. Adding the strawberry and cream protein puffs add that crunch that I was craving. With me desserts should have layers of texture to make them more exciting to eat. If you don’t have protein puffs some chopped almonds would be a nice addition as well.
Chia Seeds packing mighty nutritious punch in such a small package
Chia Seeds are really quite impressive when you think about it. They are loaded with fiber along with omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, iron, calcium and tons of other vitamins. Chia seeds were a very important part of the Mayan and Aztec diets and the word “chia” actually meant strength. These magical little seeds are also loaded with antioxidants that have been shown to fight off cancer causing free radicals. Now, I’m not saying chia seeds cure cancer but if they can help out even a little why not consider adding some into your diet.
The other amazing thing about chia seeds is that they can absorb upto 27x their weight in water. This makes them a great addition to my weight loss journey because they keep me full for a long time. I’ve found that chia pudding instead of fat bombs has helped me cut down on my calories and subside cravings.
Pudding vs Smoothie
One complaint I always hear about chia puddings is the texture. Some people just don’t care for the little seeds getting in their teeth. One trick I’ve found is after I’ve let the chia seed bloom overnight you can pour the pudding into a small smoothie blender and purée. This is a perfect way to take this recipe on the go. I’ve even frozen my smoothies for a tasty frozen treat.
More Keto Treats
- Dalgona Coffee Chia Seed Pudding
- Flourless Keto Bacon Avocado Brownies
- No Bake Cannoli Cheesecake
- Black Bottom Brownie Skillets
- Lemon Zucchini Olive Oil Cake
Lemon Whipped Cream
- 1 bag Strawberries & Cream Protein Puffs Shrewd Foods
- Puree frozen strawberries in a blender then add Chia seeds, coconut milk, Choczero vanilla syrup and lemon juice. Pulse to combine. Pour into a container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (best if refrigerated overnight)
- Once chia seed pudding has thickened pour into 4 serving dishes then prepare lemon whipped topping by whisking together Heavy cream, lemon juice, lemon extract and Choczero vanilla syrup until thick.
- Top chia pudding with whipped cream and crushed strawberries & cream protein puffs. garnish with sliced strawberries and mint.
This recipe for strawberry crunch chia seed pudding contains affiliate links. I receive income from qualifying purchases.