Tuscan Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
These Tuscan Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp are a fantastic appetizer that you make make on the grill at your next cookout.
Tender shrimp and crispy prosciutto marinated in Italian herbs and spices then grilled to perfection make this one of my favorite keto appetizers.
Ingredient List For Tuscan Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp avg. 16-20 shrimp per pound
- Avocado Oil
- Sliced Prosciutto 10-12 Slices
- Fresh Basil 16-20 Leaves
- Italian Seasoning
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Real Salt
- Crushed Red Chili Flakes
- Lemon juice and zest
Preparing the Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp for the Grill
This is a great appetizer for parties because 90%of the work can be done ahead of time. Devien the shrimp and get them marinated so that you can wrap them with the basil and prosciutto and keep in the fridge until its time to grill.
Since shrimp cook so quickly you can have them ready to serve in about 10 minutes if you prepped them ahead and preheat the grill.
If your in a time run ch or really want to keep things simple you can use a store bought Italian dressing to marinate the shrimp.
Dipping Sauce For The Shrimp
As far as dipping sauces go I went with my Spicy Calabrian Chili aioli but you can use a creamy Italian or any sauce you prefer.
Calabrian Chili Aioli
Questions About Making Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
More Keto Seafood Recipes
Tuscan Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
- indoor or outdoor grill
- Peel and devein shrimp leaving the tails on. In a bowl combine Avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, italian seasoning, lemon juice and zest, salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Marinate shrimp in the mixture for at least 1 hour, preferably 4-6 hours
- Layout your prosciutto slices then cut in half lengthwise then wrap each shrimp with a leaf of basil covering as much of the shrimp as possible. Start just above the tail and wrap on a diagonal until you reach the top of the shrimp.
- Heat your grill to about 450 degrees F. Grill shrimp for 3-4 minutes per side. Once the shrimp are fully cooked remove immediately onto a serving plate. Lay a sheet of foil over the top to keep the shrimp warm.